The SMART choice for value added polymer additives with proprietary benefits
The AerisGuard patented class of anti-microbial, biostatic polymers can control, prevent and inhibit mould, fungi and odour causing bacteria and are ideal for manufacturers wanting to differentiate their product line-up with superior long-lasting performance.
This technology was partially co-developed with the Australian Government Research Organisation (CSIRO).
Applications include: Hospital and healthcare surfaces, building materials exposed to high moisture levels, protective clothing and footwear and consumer durables.
Feature and benefits
- Smart Polymers can be manufactured using extrusion, injection moulding and thermo-forming processes.
- Full range of mechanical properties from rigid to flexible.
- Anti-microbial properties are exhibited throughout the entire moulding, and not just limited to the surface.
- Low human toxicity levels make it ideal for applications where anti fungal, anti algal and anti bacterial features are required.
- Cost effective method for providing antimicrobial properties.